RTI DDS Toolkit for LabVIEW Support

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI System Configuration IPAddr Property Fouls up RTI DDS Writers

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using LV2018 on a RT Linux Target and have found that opening a NI System Configuration Session and obtaining the IPAddr property will hose up the ability to open a RTI DDS writer.  If I remove the IPAddr property everything works fine.  Any Ideas what could cause this to happen?

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,626 Views)

Actually it turns out that the IPAddr property is fine, it is the string itself that seems to be incompatible with the write cluster I am using.  For some reason any strings like 192.168.1.249 that begin with a numeric do not work.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,611 Views)
Solution
Accepted by viScience

When you create a writer with a string containing a numeric value, it uses that value as the maximum length of the string. Perhaps that is related to what you are seeing? 

Message 3 of 5
(4,601 Views)

Thanks!  That was really driving me crazy as I was unintentionally wiring a numeric string constant into my complexType when I created the Writer.

Starting to really like the RTI DDS toolkit.  It is a totally underappreciated tool gifted to us by NI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,589 Views)

Hi,viScience!Can you send me a copy of the Linux version of LabVIEW 2018?Recently, I wanted to use LabVIEW in Linux system, but I couldn't find a suitable version of labview.I hope I can get your help! Thank you!My E-mail:yison_lee@163.com.Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,365 Views)