NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are the Pipes VIs missing on PXI Linux RT systems?

This looks like it will work

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 41
(1,200 Views)

Worked, thanks for the reminder.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 41
(1,197 Views)

Experimenting - I changed the rtexe to run at start-up.  Tehn rebooted, and stopped the program.

Then ran the script file to launch the rtexe again - this time the VI appeared on the gui, but then quit.

"Startup Application:/home/lvuser/natinst/bin/startup.rtexe

Welcome to LabVIEW 19.0.1f1 

LabVIEW caught fatal signal

19.0.1f1 - Received SIGSEGV

Reason: Address not mapped to object

Attempt to reference address: 0x0x7f07c8005104

./lvrt-manuallaunch: line 6: 11673 Segmentation Fault    /usr/local/natinst/etc/init.d/lvrt-wrapper $STARTUP_PARAM $PID_LVRT_WRAPPER SUI_ENABLED"

"

When I don't set it to Run as Startup and run the bash file to launch lvrt-wrapper - it simply stops at 

"Welcome to LabVIEW Real-Time 19.0.1f1"

And doesn't open the VI front panel....odd.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 41
(1,171 Views)

Oops had a Front Panel open property in a VI - removed that.

No more Segment faults.

The RTEXE has to be set to Run as Startup for the lvrt-wrapper call to launch the VI - which is kind of annoying.  I'll have to see if I can avoid having to use that setting.  It's not looking that promising.

I can't find any information about /usr/local/natinst/labview/lvrt binary

Hm...

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 41
(1,148 Views)

@RVallieu wrote:

The RTEXE has to be set to Run as Startup for the lvrt-wrapper call to launch the VI - which is kind of annoying.  I'll have to see if I can avoid having to use that setting.  It's not looking that promising.

Don't bother. It won't work without it.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 41
(1,126 Views)

Well shoot. That's annoying.

I guess I will be replacing xinetd with just a LabVIEW exe to monitor the ports of interest and launch applicable code.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 41
(1,122 Views)

Had another idea - 

So I have to have the system set to Run as Start-up - fine.

I can create start-up script to run to set a flag in an INI file to False (do not run LV Code) that my code will check on start.

I can set the start-up script to run before the LVRT Daemon start-up process I believe.

Then I add code to the xinetd start-up script I created that first sets the flag to TRUE to allow the startup.exe code to run.

Thus is we ever have a power-up event the system won't just up an run the LabVIEW code and will wait for xinetd to open the connection.

I am still struggling to prove that xinetd will pass the information to/from the LabVIEW EXE - I guess that is the next step again after I prove I can get a start-up script to work to shut down my code via flag and then the shell script that xinetd will call can start it.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 41
(1,103 Views)

How set in stone is an inetd-style load process again? Because it usually tends to simplify system operation, and this is moving very far away from that.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 41
(1,095 Views)

It's how all the other systems and legacy systems are set up.  This isn't that much more complicated compared to rewriting all the other system code.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 41
(1,090 Views)

Well I actually got xinetd to run a service and change the run Flag to TRUE when I connected from a TCP client on my laptop to the PXIe on the port specified in the service, now I just need to incorporate the start of the LVRT EXE into that shell script.

Then I need to see if I can pass information through the xinetd connection...  😕

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 41
(1,013 Views)