NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mounting a folder

Since you're running into issues using WebDAV, I would just copy the .ipk file to a USB stick and plug the USB stick into the target. You can then run the installation from the command line with "opkg install /u/cifss_3. 3.9-r4.9_armv7a.ipk".

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 32
(1,410 Views)

LJHerskowitz wrote:

When I use the WebDav put command, no errors occur but I can't find the file anyway. When I use the web browser - Remote File Browser and try to upload the file it gives me an error as seen below

The WebDAV server on NI Linux RT targets allows write operations only to the following directories: /home/webserv/, /home/lvuser/, and /tmp/ -- See http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4EBE45E8A816B19386257B6C0071D025#transfer for more info. Are you trying to upload to /? If so, you might consider SFTP or upload to one the aforementioned directories, log in as admin, and move the IPK file to /.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 32
(1,410 Views)

WebDAV has some issues from Win 7 and is incredibly slow. SFTP works in order of magnitude better.

CLA, CTA, CLED

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 32
(1,410 Views)

On the same document Haris posted above, check http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4EBE45E8A816B19386257B6C0071D025?OpenDocument#config section and follow steps Disabling Automatic Configuration in Internet Explorer.  This will speed up WebDAV on win 7 a lot.

Fabio M.
NI
Principal Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 32
(1,410 Views)

Instead of using "high level" interface, you should definitely use scp.

Some binaries exist for Win if you don't use a Linux host (see pscp there http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html)  then you should just use

pscp.exe /pathtofileonhost admin@ipcrio:/pathoncrio

it will ask to valiadate target mac address at first connection, then reauest your admin password... and that's it.

remark : you can use -R for directory upload, aso  it will work at least for the ipk upload. then try the opkg install as already mentioned by Brad.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 32
(1,410 Views)

I put the USB drive in and tried installing it from that

admin@NI-cRIO-9033:/U# opkg install /U/cifs_3.3.9-r4.9_armv7a.ipk

Unknown package 'cifs'.

Collected errors:

* pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for cifs found, but incompatible with the architectures configured

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package cifs.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 32
(1,410 Views)

Ah, sorry, completely missed that you're using a 9033. Hmm, well, it seems that we don't have a cifs package on our feeds (whoops), if you're feeling adventurous you could build the cifs-utils package from our image building source repository (github.com/ni/nilrt), or I could help you out by building it locally and giving it to you

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 32
(1,410 Views)

Hey Brad,

I just switched to the 9033 before this it was the 9068. I hadn't actually thought it would be a problem. I'll give it a shot to build it myself. But I'm sure I'll need help getting through it.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 32
(1,410 Views)

The 9068 is an ARMv7a-based controller, while the 9033 is an x86_64-based controller (different processor architectures), so since we're talking about compiled binaries, the one for arm will not work on x86_64.

Well, in addition to this forum, there's lots of good help out there regarding building with OpenEmbedded (what is being used to build the package and images). But don't hesitate to ask (bring it to a different thread, though, for clarity)

In case you get frustrated, I'll just leave this here...

Message 29 of 32
(1,410 Views)

It is working. Thank you for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 32
(1,410 Views)