NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I rehost the NI Linux OPKG repository?

Solved!
Go to solution

I work in a secured facility where I cannot connect my NI-Linux based devices to the internet. However, there are a lot of packages from the NI OPKG repository that I need to be able to install. Is there a straight forward way to mirror the official NI OPKG repository on a local machine and then to use that as a repository server for my NI Linux devices? Meaning, I use OPKG with my copy of the NI OPKG repository and installation proceeds as usual? If so, any pointers on how I can learn about doing this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,791 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Southern_Cross

I would suggest trying out the NI SystemLink Server.  You can install it using the NI Package Manager.  One of the applications is the Repository Manager and it has options for replicating any feed by URL to your local server.  In addition, it provides a nice interface to manage everything.

While this video doesn't show replicating a feed explicitly, you can kind of get and idea of how it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP5nylkUBes&t=4s

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,779 Views)

I believe you can use the SystemLink Repository Management functionality to mirror an external feed (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP5nylkUBes&t=3m30s). I think you can get a trial version, get in touch with your local sales rep.

Alternately, you can use any number of comprehensive downloaders or download managers (e.g. wget -r or HTTrack for Windows) to grab the contents of the feed site, then host that locally.

Once you've successfully mirrored the repo, you would need to adjust the feed URIs on the targets themselves, these configuration files live under /etc/opkg/

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,776 Views)

Ah, beat me to the punch, JoshuaP on SystemLink

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,771 Views)

@ JoshuaP and BradM

This is exactly what I need. I'll try that out today. Thank you both! 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,762 Views)

Hello,

Can myRIO 1950 devices be accessed by SystemLink? I guess that you're talking about using a cRIO, and even the SystemLink features page mentions that these platform is compatible with cRIO devices, not mentioning the myRIO ones.

Furthermore, my attempt to connect my myRIO 1950 board has leaded to the following error:

connect_error.png

Any help is appreciated, as I'm new to using SystemLink and to managing feeds through it for the NI devices.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,424 Views)

SystemLink is compatible with all NI Linux RT devices. However, you need to make sure that you install the SystemLink client from NI MAX before adding a Linux RT device to your SystemLink server. 

Also, if you are having trouble using SystemLink and want to ask questions, you may get a better/quicker responses if you post them on the SystemLink Forum.

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,413 Views)