From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LM35 component file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello board members.

First of all i am very new to multisim and this board.

I tryed searching the kittmaster database and this forum with out luck.

What i am looking for is a LM35 component file that i can use in multisim. (or if that doesnt exist, a diode or whatever with a voltage coefficient of +10mV/*C .

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(39,795 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Toebs

Toebs ,

This link: http://www.cjseymour.plus.com/elec/tempsens/tempsens.htm, has a workable SPICE model of the LM35.  You can do a temperature sweep analysis or you can set the simulation operating temp in the interactive simulation from the Analysis Options settings (the default is 27degC).

To set to something different, go to the menu, Simulate -> Interactive Simulation Settings -> Analysis Options (tab) and click on the 'Customize' button. 

From here locate the SPICE Analysis Setting, "Operating temperature, TEMP", check the box and change the default value to override the default.

See LM35 test circuit below

Regards,

Patrick Noonan
Business Development Manager
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
50 Market St. 1-A
S. Portland, ME 04106
Email: patrick.noonan@ni.com
Tel. (207) 892-9130
Fax. (207) 892-9508 

Message 2 of 10
(39,677 Views)
thank you very much! 🙂 Just what i needed
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(39,664 Views)

LM35.gif

The LM35 component file  works wrong .  The current circle is wrong.

The XMM1 current is not changable.  It should change with the output voltage.

thanks a lot .

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(36,499 Views)

Very, very good. Excellent job. Thank's.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(31,663 Views)

Very good. Excellent job. Ok.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(31,662 Views)

Hello all, 

I have a question regarding this, that hopefully some of you will be able to help me with! 🙂

I pretend to use a LM35 to measure negative temperatures. Since the sensor is connected to +3.3V and gnd, the temperature on the real sensor will stop at 0ºC. On the SPICE model you refered, the sensor is ideal, i.e., it only uses the formula from the data sheet to give the output. The thing is, if I change the temperature to -10, for instance, the output will be -100mv, unlike the reality. 

I saw that many people add two diodes between the LM35 GND pin and the ground and measure the output between these two pinsn not between output and ground. 

So, anyone would see a way of editing the spice model in order to reproduce the real behavior of the sensor?

Thanks in advance!

Regards, 

Sergio

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(31,503 Views)

Hello. Voilá !

Write adapting the file to your model. Bye.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(31,435 Views)

Note the links of pictures:

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(31,434 Views)

Is there a Solution for the Current-Source of the negativ Temperatur range. (Shown in the picture? (v- and v+) The model works with positive current for the complet temperature range. That is not an exact reproduction. Using only the positiv powersupply v+ will get only positive current at the output and work only for +2 to 150°C. (?)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(20,574 Views)