Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a spice file to a AMC1200 opto isolator amplifier

Dear reader,

I have tried to include an AMC1200 spice model form TI to a component that I made in multisim. Unfortunately on the symbol to spice model pin mapping level something weird  happens. I see the dropdown list of AMC1200 nets from spice which I need to link with the symbol pins of my component which I made in multisim,  no problem so far. The same dropdown list also has a  number of nets not part of the MC1200 spice file  which I need to assign to the symbol otherwise multisim doesn't accepts my model pin mapping. The extra nets which appear seems to be from a MOSFET and are called:         Drain, Gate, Source,Bulk and Sourcebulk, Unconnected.

What is the reason that these nets show up in the dropdown list use to do the Spice Net-Symbol pin mapping and which don't exist on the AMC1200 component ? i have added the files of the AMC1200.

I hope some one can help me out

regards Oscar Goos

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,587 Views)

I wished to ask, you used the AMC1200 spice model as a template of a model of your own. Now, in your new model there are nets that are appearing even though they are not part of the AMC 1200 model. Is that correct? 

Are you sure you didn't include anything else when creating the spice model for your device?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,560 Views)

Dear Sebasrasa,

I only made a symbol in the Multisim Component wizard and downloaded the Spice file from TI. After I made and saved the new defined symbol to the multisim Database I wanted to sequential add the Spice file to the symbol. To do this you need to map the symbol pins to spice model nets. At this position in the process it gows wrong, I need to connect  more Spice nets form the drop down list  then there are symbol pins defined on the symbol. For that reason it doesn't accept it. I checked Spice file but i can't find the earlier mentioned nets  in the Spice file. So Im stuck what the problem is.

Additional I have added the Symbol to this response.

Hope some one can clear this up by adding the Spice file to the symbol.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,547 Views)