From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-Simulation Multisim / LabVIEW

Hi all,

I'm a beginner at MyRIO and labview.

I would like to see the MyRIO analog input signal in multisim tektronix. How to simulate myrio signals in multisim? Or I want to synchronize multisim and labview simulations. My priority is to simulate multisim. I want directly work with myrio and multisim.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,757 Views)

Why not don't works? 

Multisim Ver. : 14.2

Labview Ver. : 2015

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,724 Views)

You should upload the actual labview code.  If that were available I would try to work with it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,669 Views)

Code attached.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,627 Views)

I don't have a myRIO available at the  moment and I can't save my multisim file as a ms13 file.

The only change I made in the multisim file was to change the square generator frequency from 1Hz to 100Hz

For the labview VI I removed the myRIO channel and then changed the timing settings

Timing SettingTiming Setting

image.png

Lab view file saved as LV2014 is attached.

I think your issues were around the timing settings, hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,598 Views)

Hi Dave,

I can't open your VI. I am trying your settings and basic circuit. This circuit works on multisim. But not works on Labview.

I can find "Control and simulation" for myrio project template. And I can't find "Control and simulation" for blank project template. Could it be about that?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,561 Views)

What version of LabView are you using?

I grabbed the two links below from some tutorial notes I've set aside. I recomend you try these if you haven't been through them already.

On the bottom of the second link there is another link to design a DC motor drive in Co-Simulation

Introductory Tutorial Video: Power Electronics Co-Simulation with NI Multisim and LabVIEW

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14316/en/

Introduction to Digital and Analog Co-simulation Between NI LabVIEW and NI Multisim

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/13663/en/

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,547 Views)