Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sine wave at MCC PCI-DAS6014 output in LabVIEW 7.1

HI,

I am a postgraduate student in university of manchester, uk. I am using a 16-bit MCC PCI-DAS6014 board for my project. I am a beginner. I have successfully acquired input signals but having problems in output signals. I want to take a 90Hz sine wave with 1Vp-p at the output of my card. I dont know how to do it. Could you please help me? Also is it possible to display an input analog signal on screen like we see in an oscilloscope? I am using labview 7.1.

Thanks.

Ejaz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,865 Views)

Hi Ejaz,

Whilst your query involves third party hardware, I think I may be able to help:

I have visited the Measurement Computing website, searched for the DAS6014 and downloaded ULx for Labview.

Now using windows explorer to navigate to C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\examples

Then into the ...examples\ULx\Analog Out

The “Generate Voltage.llb” library contains a few example pieces of code that would seem to be exactly what you are trying to create.

If you’re new to LabVIEW then I highly recommend the examples folder. It contains example pieces of code with comments added to help your understanding. And always remember “Highlight Execution”, the light bulb next to the “Run” button, which slows down your code and displays the flow of data on the block diagram.

As for displaying the output in the style of an oscilloscope there are three different ways in which a “waveform chart” can be updated. The attached picture shows where to find the different update modes, by right-clicking on the chart itself. There is also a front panel object “waveform graph” which has slightly different functionality to the waveform chart.

Try experimenting with these until you find the style of display you want.

I hope that this has been helpful, best of luck with your application.

Rhys
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,822 Views)