From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base address problem

Hello,

First off I need to preface by saying I know little to nothing about this stuff, however we use an NI card for side-scan sonar data acquisition using Chesapeake Technologies. 

We use a PCI-DIO32HS card that was installed and running fine in an onlder Pentium III computer.  I was in the process of bringing the software and cards into a new Dell system, however some connections I had ordered hadn't arrived, so I was attempting to reinstall the card into the PIII computer and now it wont recognize the base address in either computer.  I have tried deleting the device in Measurements and Automation, shutting down, removing the card, rebooting, and adding the card again.  I have tried the same technique in addition to uninstalling and reinstalling the newest driver for the card (7.4.1) downloaded from the net last night.

Summary:
Basic problem:
Installing (again) the card I get the same error under test resources "Device is not responded to the selected base address"

HELP!!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,528 Views)
Hello Bryan,

I would recommend removing the card, uninstalling the DAQ driver, downloading a fresh version from the internet one more time and installing this new version, reinserting the card and trying one last time.  If that doesn't work, I would recommend contacting support.

Regards,
Micaela N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,509 Views)