From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTSI Lines

Hi everyone

Finally I understood RTSI lines (or at least I think so).
I am using a PXI Chassis with 3 PXI Cards (5122, 6120, 6250)..

I want to start a measurement when a certain condition is met. I want to measure with all three cards at once. Therefore I thought of using RTSI Trigger Lines.

I added a NIScope Export Signal VI and selected PXI Trigger Line 0 / RTSI 0 as output terminal. Now, when I want to use this signal as Trigger Input for the DAQmx devices (DAQmx Start Trigger Digital Edge) and when I add a constat to the source terminal, I get a quite long list.

What confuses me is, that each card has its own RTSI Lines. I get: /5122/PXI_Trig0, /5122/PXI_Trig1, ... and for the 6120 I get as well: /6120/PXI_Trig0, /6120/PXI_Trig1, .... AND I also get /5122/PXI_Trig0, ...

Now I was wondering if /5122/PXI_Trig0 is the same as "PXI Trigger Line 0/RTSI 0" which I can choose in the Export Signal VI and why do I see all those lines, if they all belong to all cards?

I hope you know what I mean

Thanks in advance
Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,323 Views)
Yes, these are the same. Depending on the used driver, the RTSI/PXI Trigger lines are named differently, but RTSI0 is the same as PXI-Trigger 0. This is described here:

Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 6
(3,305 Views)
Ah - a response from a blue name - I think I can trust that 🙂

Thank you, that's what I've found out experimentally but wanted to hear still from someone who really knows 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,307 Views)
While the PXI_Trig0 terminal on one device in a PXI chassis is usually connected to the PXI_Trig0 terminals on the other devices in the PXI chassis, this is not always the case. For example, the 18-slot PXI chassis has multiple segments and needs to be programmed when routing from one segment to another. NI-DAQmx handles this automatically if you specify the terminal to which you exported the signal. In your application, you should choose "/5122/PXI_Trig0" as the terminal for the Trigger Input for the DAQmx Start Trigger Digital Edge VI.

geoff
--
Geoff Schmit
Huskie Robotics, FIRST Team 3061 Lead Mentor
http://team3061.org/
@team3061
Message 4 of 6
(3,297 Views)

Message Edited by Somnatic on 07-21-2006 04:43 PM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,293 Views)