From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX cannot find my camera attributes

Camera have no driver, it's UVC and in Windows settings always work.

I'm thinking to downgrade Max, uninstall and new install, but I'm affraid that these is possible only with another 1 hour of downliading and 1.5h of unzipping because of HDD hard work.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(1,301 Views)

Tried three more cheap Chinese cameras, no settings, in Windows they are.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(1,276 Views)

Hi Oldi,

There's good discussion going on in this thread, but you might get more visibility if you posted a new thread for this issue. I agree with Blue Cheese, this seems like a driver issue. There have to be some kind of drivers for you camera, otherwise your computer wouldn't know what to do with the input. I'm going to link you to a very comprehensive guide that should cover most of the common issues people run into when trying to use a USB 2.0 driver with IMAQdx and will tell you to watch out for.

USB 2.0 Camera Properties Can't Be Modified

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019KUwSAM

Please post if you've already seen this.

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(1,257 Views)

Hello, I have been reading all this thread, I'am having the same problem that sometimes camera attributes disappear , I use a 2.0 usb camera with directshow , does anybody found any solution ?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(1,214 Views)

Timbk,

What driver does your camera use? Can you please navigate to Device Manager, find your camera in the list, and post the Driver tab of device properties?

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(1,192 Views)

Hello Austin, it is a chinise USB camera , brand is ELP, and it has an MI5100 Aptina sensor of 5MP, but it doesn't have a proprietary driver , it's a UVC camera, in attached picture you'll see the capture of device manager.

Anyway the weird thing is that programmatically and under MAX , in both ways some times is possible to access camera attributes and other times is not. 

Programmatically I use enumerate attributes from IMAQdx , to show which attributes are available from the camera. In attached VI you can see it. For example , you run the VI, and enumerate shows all camera attributes as brightness, gain, etc, stop the VI, next time you run camera attributes are gone , only acquisition attributes and status information are available. The same occurs for MAX, some times shows the camera attributes sometimes not. 

Thank's in advance for your time.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(1,185 Views)

To add some information, I saw the configuration files for the camera, from IMAQdx data folder, in the .icd file there are only acquisition attributes , no other information. If I add by text camera attributes to this .icd file , then maybe camera attributes will be allways available ?? The thing is that I don't know which format this text must have. In the attached .iid and .icd files.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(1,179 Views)