Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linear Camera snap raw data don't match number of pixels

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I have linear camera Teledyne Dalsa Linea 8k mono. I'm trying write program to line scan beam intensity profile with motion controller. So scheme is line scan -> step -> line scan -> step...etc. I used function "Get image data" because I'm interested with bytes value in each pixel. Problem is that I get about 32k array data. I know that there is limit with height in output image which is 2. That's not problem because I can reject half data or averege. In screen we can see that data is doubled, but why one line have 16k array elements?  

@edit: I forgot wrote that this is GigaE Camera

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,214 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pshemas

What's your pixel format/bit depth? Do you have 2 bytes per pixel? Like Mono 10/12/16?

Message 2 of 3
(2,188 Views)

Yes I have Mono 12 bit. I can set 12 bit packed what give me about 12k points. If I set 8 bit there is correct number of points but the quality is insufficient for me (234.png). I also tried use get image and convert to array but this function does not support 12 bit data (for 8 bit -345.png ). There is any option to get intensity value from 2 values per pixel ?

@edit: 16 bit array hold 12 bit data in Imagetoarray.vi so problem solved for me. Thanks for directing me to solve the problem.  

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,169 Views)