From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX cannot find my camera attributes

Can you show some screenshots in MAX showing the empty attribute table you are seeing?

In general, most/all cameras support at least an automatic brightness control. This is because this is what 95% of the use cases for webcams (like video conferencing) need. Others might also support a Manual mode as well. If they support both, IMAQdx will let you switch between the two modes.

One thing to suggest is checking for updated vendor drivers. With a lot of these cameras, they can be supported both be the generic UVC driver built into newer versions of Windows as well as by vendor drivers. Often the cameras are somewhat buggy or have less features when using the standard driver rather than vendor ones (as vendor ones can work around hardware bugs as well as implement certain functionality via software rather than hardware).

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 27
(2,181 Views)

The first screenshot is for the onboard camera. It is working fine for the last 3 days. The second and third screenshots is for the logitech camera. With the Camera Attributes option selected, no attribute appear. With All Attributes option selected, some appear but it is useless. The onboard cam attribute list used to be like the logitech cam now when I first started this topic.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27
(2,178 Views)

Hi tmnt,

I am having the very same problem. We have sold to our customer a simple program, that was just displaying an image from an USB micrscope (cheap one - 200 $).

Having troubles with the automatic gain and exposure control, I decided to explore the options and out of nowhere, extra atributtes apeared in MAX and I was able to control them programmatically.

Thing is, that I am having another DirectShow driver. It is from Pylon SDK, it comes with Basler cameras and is free to download here

Anyway, i have the same problem 😄 sometimes you can see the attributes, and sometimes they disappear. I didnt have the possibility yet, to see, if I can control them via my program, where they are hardcoded (when they are not visible in MAX).

Try to unninstall the driver and install the one that comes with the SDK i offered. Hope it helps.

For me, what usually worked, was just to reboot windows.

Edit:

I have noticed you didnt state what driver your camera is using. I thought it was directshow. If it is not, dont bother to install the SDK.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27
(2,156 Views)

The properities that disapear and are no longer accessible can be used once the camera is initializied. After closing the camera, I have to restart computer. It doesnt help to remove the device from the system and force Windows to reinstall the driver. Disabling and enabling the device also doesnt help. Helped to plug the camera into USB port, where it has not been ever before, after this, I can use those properities once.

The manufacturer´s application, that comes with the camera, allows me to set these parameters even if they are no longer accessible via labview or max.

I tried to install the driver from the original *.INF file that comes with the camera, but the problem persists. It is the same as with the native driver windows wants to install 1st.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27
(2,135 Views)

I have same problem with USB UVC camera. Set Camera Attribute LV2012 NIVerified.vi show only Acquisition attributes and other info, but no Camera atribute. When I first acces camera in Max everithing was OK

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 27
(1,354 Views)

I was too late to edit post.

I'm using 64bit Win7 and 32bit LabView2012. There is no problem with camera attribute in Windows app which use Direct Show cameras.

Same Camera, LabView, MAX and driver (Februar 2016) on WinXP and there is no problem with attributes in MAX, but there is no Gain attribute, neither in Win app, neider in MAX. Because Gain is set to almost max, picture is useless. Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27
(1,347 Views)

How does your other DirectShow app expose the camera features? Is it showing a UI panel provided by the camera vendor? There are two ways DirectShow allows the camera to be controlled:

a) a panel that is controlled by camera driver software

b) a programmatic interface

IMAQdx can only use method (b), so if the camera vendor only exposes things via a custom UI panel, then IMAQdx can't control them.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27
(1,340 Views)

As saying Bublica:

Helped to plug the camera into USB port, where it has not been ever before, after this, I can use those properities once.

Only close Max, open it again and there is no Attribute any more.

The camera always works.

How can I change Max version (15.3.0f0, last for LV2012) withot 5 hours of downloads 10G, unzip and Instal another driver pack.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 27
(1,323 Views)

Hi Oldi,

Was there any changes between when it worked and when it didn't?

If it is something with MAX, you can try to:

1. Reset the MAX database. This will get rid of all of your configurations, but it could fix some underlying issues: 

What Is the Process for Resetting the MAX Database?
https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8awSAC

2. If a reinstall is necessary, you can repair or reinstall NI System Configuration, which is the smallest NI download that includes NI MAX:

NI System Configuration 15.3
http://www.ni.com/download/ni-system-configuration-15.3.0/5890/en/

Madison T
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27
(1,307 Views)

@mterz wrote:

Hi Oldi,

Was there any changes between when it worked and when it didn't?

If it is something with MAX, you can try to:

1. Reset the MAX database. This will get rid of all of your configurations, but it could fix some underlying issues: 

What Is the Process for Resetting the MAX Database?
https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8awSAC

2. If a reinstall is necessary, you can repair or reinstall NI System Configuration, which is the smallest NI download that includes NI MAX:

NI System Configuration 15.3
http://www.ni.com/download/ni-system-configuration-15.3.0/5890/en/

I don't suggest either of these options. IMAQdx doesn't use the MAX database for anything, so clearing it won't make your attributes magically appear. Also, if you see the camera at all in MAX, upgrading MAX itself won't change the list of attributes it shows for the camera.

I suspect there is an issue with the drivers for your camera.

Message 20 of 27
(1,304 Views)