From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Run-Time Shortcut Menu

Don,

I was able to reproduce the behavior you are experiencing in LabVIEW 2011 SP1 using the vision display.  Unfortunately it doesn't appear that this was fixed in 2012 so I will be filing a CAR so that it will be taken care of in later versions.

Thanks

Isaac S.

Regards,
Isaac S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 11 of 21
(2,785 Views)

Update:  The 'Shortcut Menu Selection (App)' event bug for the vision control has been filed as Corrective Action Request #375805

Regards,

Isaac S.

Regards,
Isaac S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 12 of 21
(2,775 Views)

CAR 375805 is still well and alive in LV 2016...

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(2,685 Views)

And the default menu showing when trying to edit the context menu:

Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 12.35.28.png

is still incomplete:

Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 12.37.08.png

instead of:

Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 12.30.01.png

The problem is that I don't know which APP_ menu item to use to reproduce this menu (and add my own user menu items).

Message 14 of 21
(2,672 Views)

CAR #601068 was filed for "application menu items are missing in the Shortcut Menu Editor of the Image Display".

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(2,643 Views)

A theoretical workaround to the missing APP menu items in the Default shortcut menu is to use the following approach:

Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 10.08.10.png

This adds the "Your User Action Here" menu item BELOW the default context menu.

However, while looking at the "Shortcut Menu Selection (User)" will allow you to handle those additional events, the APP menu items lose their functionality! In other words, they don't do anything anymore...

Check the attached VI to experiment with this.

The VI shows that the simple fact of having the "Shortcut Menu Activation?" event in your diagram kills the App menu. For comparison, a standard numeric control is added to verify that it is unaffected by adding a similar event or appending user menu items in the same exact way.

I doubt this is intended.

Tested in LabVIEW 2016 64 bit, Windows 7

Message 16 of 21
(2,641 Views)

Hey X,

Vision's Image Display control can be considered a special snowflake because behind-the-scenes it is not implemented like any other LabVIEW control.  That is why it can act strangely, and certain features just do not exist for this control. 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(2,617 Views)

The feature/bug described in post 16 as been reported as CAR #601603.

@rrobe: Regarding the Image Display being a special object: either it is documented or it is not (*), and then the user's expectation is that it should work like other objects. I am only clarifying these points. I do not pretend to tell NI what to do, but I wished they took note and acted upon these reports. I can reprogram the default app menu actions (and even improve on them), but I am not sure everyone is so inclined.

(*) it is NOT documented

Message 18 of 21
(2,611 Views)

I can't believe that these missing options in Run-Time Shortcut Menu were not yet repaired! I'm using LabVIEW 2019, 10 years later the first time this problem was first posted.

It's ridiculous to be forced to re-do these base functions if we just want to add another user option. (The problem is still the same as the post I replied to).

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(1,753 Views)

It's 2022 and still not fixed.

Is anybody from NI even reading this?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(1,347 Views)