Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBAI Custom Interface Values Not Updating

Hello All,

I am currently in the process of replacing a Windows Vista PC with a Windows 10 PC. Updating the VBAI(2015 to 2019) and LabVIEW(2011 to 2017) versions in the process. This PC is used for a machine vision system that runs Vision Builder AI as the main program and calls LabVIEW VIs with the "Run LabVIEW VI" steps. 

After a couple days, I was finally able to open and run the program without any errors. The only issue now is the inspection interface (Custom LabVIEW Interface) does not update the specified values. Even as I watch the "Update Inspection UI" step run and pass, none of the values update. The only time the values do update is when I click my mouse anywhere on the interface while it is running. This at least tells me that the variables are set correctly, just not updating properly. 

There is a difference between the Vista and Windows 10 PC other than the software versions. The Vista had the full development version for both VBAI and LabVIEW installed whereas the Windows 10 has the Run-Time versions. I doubt this would be the issue since there are no issues with running the VBAI program or calling the VI's on the new PC.

With that said, if there is anyone who has a suggestion or knows something then please let me know. 

Much Appreciated!

-Clayton

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(726 Views)

Update:

I did more testing and still had similar results. 

While the inspection was running, I monitored the VBAI states that all included an "Update Inspection UI" step and monitored the Custom Inspection Interface. The indicator values did not update but the steps were passing and I could see the values changing under the "View Measurements" tool. And like I mentioned before, the indicator values would update whenever I click my mouse on the interface. 

I did notice a couple vi's that were called using "Call by Reference" in the "Custom Inspection Interface".vi which lead me to this question. With Run-Time versions of both VBAI and LabVIEW, can you run a "Custom Inspection Interface".vi in VBAI that references other vi's? I read that subvi's won't work but don't know about this method. The only reason I am questioning this is because one of the called vi's is not executing in the main vi. The original setup used the full version of LabVIEW and I was thinking maybe that had something to do with it.

So far, these are thing only things that stick out. I have compared the program with the pre-existing one and see no difference other than the lack of updating values. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(692 Views)