Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding center and angle

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there. I have two markers. One is stationary and other one is moving(app.jpg). How can I find centers and angles shown in picture(app.jpg)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 47
(6,133 Views)

Use a threshold and then do a particle analysis. You will be able to find the centre and angle

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 47
(6,125 Views)

Check the vi and the attached image

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 47
(6,118 Views)

A Mistke in my prev vi. Please find the attached corrected vi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 47
(6,115 Views)

@muks wrote:

It works perfect with the picture you attached, thank you very much. What are the outputs shown in 1,2,3 and 4. I think 1 is centers of the rectangles. What about the others? And I need to implement this to real world via Basler GigE Vision cam. Is it possible or is it too slow for real world applications? At my real application, there are 2 maybe 3 markers on a wall or column. My goal is when they affected by some external effects like earhtquakes etc. find how much they affected? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 47
(6,076 Views)

Hi Butterworth,

try to implement a counter for measuring the cycle-time for one image acquisition and processing. (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6F6B9F4E149C80578625652800784764) Then you can estimate the theoretical possible frames per second. What type of camera you use? Basler Ace? I don´t know what exactly you want to do, but the camera is relativly fast (exposure time), taking photos of falling objects - of course you need enough light- is no problem for this entry-level camera. But the number of frames per second is limited.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 47
(6,062 Views)

@Meisspa wrote:

Hi Butterworth,

try to implement a counter for measuring the cycle-time for one image acquisition and processing. (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6F6B9F4E149C80578625652800784764) Then you can estimate the theoretical possible frames per second. What type of camera you use? Basler Ace? I don´t know what exactly you want to do, but the camera is relativly fast (exposure time), taking photos of falling objects - of course you need enough light- is no problem for this entry-level camera. But the number of frames per second is limited.

Paul

Hi Meisspa, my camera is Basler ace2500-14gc. I will use cycle-time measurement tool that you said. My project is finding the parameters in attached  image. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 47
(6,055 Views)

Hello Butterworth,

I think in theory your project should work. I see some problems by the so called "Nyquist–Shannon sampling theorem". You wrote something about earthquakes - for examples your markers (for example on a building AND theoretically your camera itself is not influenced by the earthquake) start to vibrate by a frequency of 30 Hz you have to take 60 pictures per second as a minimum rate to use the result for calculating the frequency and the magnitude of the event. If you just want to measure the static deformation after the trigger event, it is of course a lot easier. Smiley Tongue The basler ace2500-14gc is only making 14 Frames per second maximum, so maybe a little bit to slow. 

Best regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 47
(6,042 Views)

@Butterworth wrote:

@muks wrote:

It works perfect with the picture you attached, thank you very much. What are the outputs shown in 1,2,3 and 4. I think 1 is centers of the rectangles. What about the others? And I need to implement this to real world via Basler GigE Vision cam. Is it possible or is it too slow for real world applications? At my real application, there are 2 maybe 3 markers on a wall or column. My goal is when they affected by some external effects like earhtquakes etc. find how much they affected? 

Those are just array manupulation. Can you give the details of the camera?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 47
(6,032 Views)

@Butterworth wrote:

@Meisspa wrote:

Hi Butterworth,

Paul

Hi Meisspa, my camera is Basler ace2500-14gc. I will use cycle-time measurement tool that you said. My project is finding the parameters in attached  image. 

the scope now looks different

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 47
(6,031 Views)