LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using control refnums in srtict typedef cluster

Ben,

Thank you for the tip.  I actually escalated this issue earlier in the day but due to the time differences it will take til at least tomorrow before I hear back from our Stateside colleagues.  I beg you have patience and faith that we at NI will indeed get this issue solved, or CAR'ed if necessary, just as soon as we can.

Sheela Sujeeun

Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
Message 21 of 23
(708 Views)

SheelaS wrote:

Ben,

Thank you for the tip.  I actually escalated this issue earlier in the day but due to the time differences it will take til at least tomorrow before I hear back from our Stateside colleagues.  I beg you have patience and faith that we at NI will indeed get this issue solved, or CAR'ed if necessary, just as soon as we can.

Two week is a long time to get a bug logged, but I'll give you some more time. 

Just trying to grease the bug  skids,

Ben 

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 22 of 23
(707 Views)

Hi all,

The issue seems to arise from the difference in the way the refnums are being created.  In my method, of right clicking the tab control and crreating a reference, and the a refnum control from that reference, we create an indirectly linked reference to the tab control in the VI.  Whereas in Ben's drag and drop method, we create a direct link to the control, but for some reason this direct link breaks when we try to change the tab control s.type def.

A CAR, #156274, has now been filed with R&D to investigate and fix this issue.  If you wish to check the status of this CAR, you can call into NI Support and ask to do so, and quoting the CAR number.  Alternatively, it will be listed in the ReadMe for the future version in which it has been fixed.

Until a fix has been implemented, as I suggested previously, I would use the method I gave to create the refnum as this does keep the reference link after changes are made to the tab control.  This also appears to work accross several VI's, despite being an indirect link.

All the best,

Sheela Sujeeun

Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
Message 23 of 23
(684 Views)