From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable clean up selection

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but the problem was not solved yet and I would like to ask whether there is a tool to make a diagonotic for the VI and find where is the problem because because for the moment the thick row is not broken and I can run the VI but if I want to change something it is a big mess.

Spoiler
Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(427 Views)

There is not much we can do if you cannot post the VI.

You can try VI Analyzer on the VI and see what results you get. Depending on your license, VI Analyzer is part of your installation (in the tools menu) or you have to acquire a separate license for it.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(425 Views)

Yes, I tried that tool and I corrected the errors I found but there is no improvement. Is it possible to send  the VI to an engineer from NI to treat it in a confidential way?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(420 Views)

Depending on the NI branch, it could be possible. But you have to note that a "code review" would be service liable to costs.

Does that require an NDA? If not, you can directly approach NI support with your VI and ask why "Diagram Cleanup" does not work as you expect. This is not liable to cost, but only possible if no NDA is required.....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(418 Views)

Sorry for the question but what does it mean NDA and who should I ask precisely knowing I am in Glasgow Scotland.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(414 Views)

NDA is the abbrevation for "non disclosure agreement". NI usually does not agree on NDAs if not for paid services.

So if you trust your local NI support team (UK would be yours), you have to go for a paid service, otherwise, you can try the "normal support"....

Norbert

Norbert
Message 26 of 26
(410 Views)