From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable clean up selection

Hi,

Could you help me to activate the function clean up selection. Probably, there are some bugs that desactivate it. How can I sort this problem out?

Thanks,

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(2,878 Views)

Zied,

what do you mean by "de-activated" diagram clean up functionality? Can you share an example?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 26
(2,874 Views)

Hi Norbert,

Sorry I am not allowed to put here the VI because it is confidential for my research group. But I can say it starts to be complex. Do you have an idea how to debug and fix errors automatically in it to be able to use the clean up function. (when I click on the button, the wires are not cleaned).

Cheers,

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(2,853 Views)

@ziedhosni wrote:

Hi,

Could you help me to activate the function clean up selection. Probably, there are some bugs that desactivate it. How can I sort this problem out?

Thanks,

Zied

Along with the example, that you want to share with us, you can also share the INI file, named LabVIEW.ini, sitting in the same folder as of LabVIEW.exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012).

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

Message 4 of 26
(2,852 Views)

If not VI, can you take a snapshot and share. So that we can also experience how de-activated clean up looks like...

To be on same page, you're referring to the Block Diagram Cleanup tool, rigtht?

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

Message 5 of 26
(2,845 Views)

Hi,Here is the snapshot of a part of the VI, It is too large, I cannot show it all in the screen.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(2,839 Views)

And here the ini file.

Cheers,

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(2,835 Views)

Looking at your screenshot, the button for the diagram cleanup utility (as moderator1983 already stated) doesn't seem to be grayed out. So it should work.

Please check that.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(2,829 Views)

Obviously, I tried to use the button. But nothing move or change for whole or a selected part of the VI.Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(2,813 Views)

Does it work with other VIs?

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(2,802 Views)