cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rshd and LabVIEW executable

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a LabVIEW executable built from LabVIEW Pro 2012. The executable executes without error normally. I now need to remote-execute it from a Windows 2000 networked computer. The labVIEW executable resides on a Windows 7 Pro (32-bit) computer peer-to-peer networked to a Windows 2000 computer. I have the latest rshd binary in the "system32" subdirectory on the Windows 7 computer and am using the native rsh client that comes with Windows 2000 on the Windows 2000 computer. The executable and it's front panel come up OK on the Windows 7 computer but the executable asks for the location of several DLLs. If I take the time to navigate to the DLLs the executable proceeds OK. I have added the path of the DLLs to the Windows 7 environment path but the executable still asks for their location. Is there any way to "add" the external DLLs to the LabVIEW executable build so they will be found at remote execution startup? The daemon on the Windows 7 computer is started at login via batch file that contains rshd -d -r.

Thanks in advance

Tim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,277 Views)

Hello Tim,

What language were these DLLs written in?

How are they being called in LabVIEW?

Regards,

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,236 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sommertj

My apologies for this post. It’s been so long since I worked with things like the system variables and system path. I "thought" I had added the subdirectories of the required DLLs but I had set environment variables to each of them and then used the environment variables to append the system path. When I finally opened another CMD window and did an echo of the path I saw that the path had the literal variable names appended not their contents. I added the actual paths and nor the LabVIEW executable finds everything OK.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,217 Views)

Hi Tim,

That is great news. I am glad you were able to fix everything.

Regards,

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,204 Views)