LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user32.dll problem after creating exe

I have a VI that is calling on a windows application (Open Hardware Monitor) for some basic CPU information. The VI works but I tried to add a Call Library Function Node VI to user32.dll to close the window, per

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/81E9C1441900FFCE8625748F0055DBB0

This works fine, but when I create an exe, I get an error window when trying to run my exe. If I take the Call Library Function Nodes out (that close the window), my exe works fine (I just have to manually close the other application window). 

I assume I must be doing something wrong that is causing this error. In troubleshooting I do not see an error propogated through to end of my VI, and I believe I am using the dll nodes correctly. Since everything else is working (I think!), I must still be missing something.

Can anyone point me to error of my ways?

VI attached. Note: Actual, CPU parameters are hard coded and depend on system in use.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,501 Views)

My gut feeling is that you are not closing out all the references that you are creating.

You only have one Close Reference but yet you are creating references to multiple objects.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,494 Views)

"

• The Close Reference function accepts a 1D array of references. It's polymorphic."

Point taken though, I will look at that more closely...

Strange that the call to dll would bring out the error, when otherwise it was not a problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,487 Views)