cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in generating an installer for a database connectivity project

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I create a project using labview 2011, this project simply select, modify, and insert to an access database file using database connectivity tool kit. 

there is no problems when i run this project from labview, every thing is perfect, however when i build an installer to run this project from another computer, I found someting strange ...

the project do not insert nor update the database but it can select form it, so I can say that the connection is good,, so any body can tell me what is the problem. 

PLEASE HELP

THANKS

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 35
(3,107 Views)

Send me your VI and project file if possible.

I know this problem. Which database you are using.

Untill I wont see your VI its difficult to deal with it.

Thanks,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 35
(3,086 Views)

As you said it is not updating, Are you sure that connection is established properly ?

I doubt it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 35
(3,078 Views)

How about the USER privilegies for database access ?

If you can select, but cannot mess the data, I would suspect the different computer has some different policy for the user you are using.

I have no experience with that kind of database though.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 35
(3,074 Views)

I dont think PC setting will make any difference ?

Everything can be done from PC.

Thanks

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 35
(3,066 Views)

I think connectivity is the problem otherwise if it varies from PC to PC then it is impossible to make the installer which will run in any of the PC ?

What Say ?

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 35
(3,064 Views)

Ranjeet_Singh: If you have ever worked with a real database you would know that a database has a different level of security that Windows has. And no MS Access is NOT a real database.

To be able to operate on a table in a database the user signed in has to have some privilegies. These privilegies define what the user can do with a table.

A user can be a windows logon account on a PC, but it can be something different.

So yes, moving/installing the program to a different PC can change how much the program is able to do on the table in that database, if the current user on the PC don't have the right privilegies.

But it dependt how the access to the database is set up, and how the LabVIEW program is made to handle the login to the database. Does it use the Windows User Account, or does it use a hard coded user/password.

But before anyone can comment on the problem, we need to have a lot more information about the program and the database.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 35
(3,056 Views)

MS Access is the database interface for Jet SQL engine microsoft databases.

It seems, that there is a certain possibility of database permissions. Look HERE.

But I think that the ADO interface gives back quite a good feedback for errors. At least with mysql it does.

To solve things. I would check the error handling in your app. It seems a bit unreal, that you would do an insert operation, that would return success without the insert happening.

Second line of defence is to install labview on the client machine and go deeper.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 35
(3,051 Views)

Hi Ranjeet_Singh

Thanks for your reply here is the project (it is in arabic) ,,, thank you again

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 35
(3,034 Views)

Here is the project

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 35
(3,029 Views)