From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

play different wav files using case structure

sir,

i am trying to play Morse code .wav file for 3 different characters using a case structure. But i am getting an error of " LabVIEW: (Hex 0x12C5) Could not find the sound file."  can you suggest some solution and I think my VI will play the file continuously. instead can you provide me with some solution so that i plays once for every string input ?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,049 Views)

Hi may,

as soon as I correct the file path for your WAVE files I can play the morse code sounds…

(Error 0x12C5 says "audio file not found"! Did you even read the error description?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,018 Views)

GerdW,

thanks for going through my VI.

I had altered the file path in order to compress it but as soon as i correct the file path it is showing me the error "LabVIEW:  (Hex 0x12CA) Cannot recognize sound format."

i have attached my VI with exact file path.

any solutions?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,012 Views)

Your VI and .wav files work just fine for me.

The only thing is the timeout on the Output Sound needs to be larger because it gives a timeout value when it plays the B.wav file.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,000 Views)

For me also its working fine. Can you provide the screen shot of the error?

Happy to Wire
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,982 Views)

For me also its working fine. What is exact problem? can you share any screen shots of the error.

Happy to Wire
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,981 Views)

here i have attached the screenshot of error that i am getting while i play the vi.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,964 Views)

Hi may,

for us your WAV files work fine, but not for you.

So I guess the problem is with your computer…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,956 Views)