LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

picture on button

Dear all,

i wanted to know if there's a way to put a Pic on a Button.

I tried with customizing it, but after i put the pic on it and save it on the control, the button doesn't clich when i click on the pic portion.

Ritesh

Message 1 of 12
(15,255 Views)

Hi, Ritesh,

Here is great video tutorial how to do it in right way:

Creating System Dialog Buttons with Custom Icons

Andrey.

Message 2 of 12
(15,253 Views)

The link provided is very nice.

But answer to ypur question in short is.

1. Paste the image on your control.

2. Stretch the Boolean text rectangle, so as to cover the image completely.

3. Move the Boolean Text rectangle to front.

4.Test your control.

Message 3 of 12
(15,237 Views)
Krunal's way isnt working for me. I have no sound on this work computer so I cant see the video. Cant someone just write a tutorial?
Message Edited by rex1030 on 09-03-2009 10:05 AM
---------------------------------
[will work for kudos]
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(15,023 Views)
Ok, Krunals way works! haha. I had modified the button but left the picture on top of the button (with the new attached picture lower than it) on the original vi, so when i tested it it looked exactly the same but there was an image covering it. Nevermind. Just expand the text box all the way over it. You may have to show the tools pallete to get the cursor you need to make it grow.
---------------------------------
[will work for kudos]
Message 5 of 12
(15,020 Views)

Hey guys,

I know I'm posting 10 years later, but I'm having the exact same problem. I tried all the ways mentioned in this thread, but I cannot make the Boolean text box go on top of the image. What tool do you use to expand the text box? I tried adding new lines and space characters. It works, but just not on the image itself. 

How do I make the image go "under" the text box? I know how to do it in Powerpoint lol.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,368 Views)

Does this nugget or this nugget help?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,341 Views)

Thanks, but not really 😞

I'm trying to make a button with a gear image in it resize/rescale with the FP. The native LV gear button does not work well at all. So I'm trying to overlay a PNG image on a blank button. I have been able to make it scale correctly. But I cannot get the button action when I click on the overlaid image on the button.

The folks on this thread seem to have found a solution. I see that when I make the Boolean text box bigger, I can click outside the button and still get the button action. But the Boolean text box goes "under" the overlaid image. I don't see a way to make the Boolean text box go "over" the image, although that is exactly what Krunal's post above says. This I imagine, is similar to the "Bring To Front" and "Send To Back" feature in PowerPoint. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,326 Views)

move to front.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,323 Views)

I did the "Move To Front", but it didn't do anything.

BooleanText_button.png

The Boolean Text button is still behind the cog wheel. And when I run the VI, I do not get button action when I click on the cog wheel.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,316 Views)