LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

object trough vi

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello, I had a sight at lvoop examples but i didn't see examples where objects are used just with their names through vi, objects are passed via terminals. How do you pass object from a vi to another without wiring it, using another vi implementing shift register saving and restoring object thrue vi like a FGV ? Regards Tinnitus
CLAD / Labview 2011, Win Xp
------------------------------------------------------
Mission d'une semaine- à plusieurs mois laissez moi un MP...
RP et Midi-pyrénées .Km+++ si possibilité de télétravail

Kudos always accepted / Les petits clicks jaunes sont toujours appréciés
Don't forget to valid a good answer / pensez à valider une réponse correcte
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,357 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tinnitus

@tinnitus wrote:
Hello, I had a sight at lvoop examples but i didn't see examples where objects are used just with their names through vi, objects are passed via terminals. How do you pass object from a vi to another without wiring it, using another vi implementing shift register saving and restoring object thrue vi like a FGV ? Regards Tinnitus
Action Engines, FGV, Queues etc.

Yes.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 5
(2,356 Views)
Hello Ben, ok, but this memorization is not integrated to the classe ? it 's a vi apart ... Regards Tinnitus Ps: did you always used lvoop or have you tried dqgoop or others
CLAD / Labview 2011, Win Xp
------------------------------------------------------
Mission d'une semaine- à plusieurs mois laissez moi un MP...
RP et Midi-pyrénées .Km+++ si possibilité de télétravail

Kudos always accepted / Les petits clicks jaunes sont toujours appréciés
Don't forget to valid a good answer / pensez à valider une réponse correcte
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,340 Views)

I looked at the earlier versions of OOP for LV but since my apps demand high perfomance and the old version used a "core" that I could not touch, I avoided those version since the buffer copies would kill all of my apps.

LVOOP seems very well behaved buffer wise so I started LVOOPing when it ws first released (not on customers project until latter). I think it was LV 8.2 where I had a project spec that required I be able to deploy enhancements with out updating the exe that drove me into LVOOP since dynamic dispatching allows this type of upgrade.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 5
(2,337 Views)

Hi

Im picking up this old thread because I came to modifying some legacy code that heavily used FGVs.

LVOOP would be an ideal way to solve some issues here, but it seems that even when I pull the FGVs inside the class, they do not get instantiated. Their shift-register-locals are shared between instances  of the class ?

Going back this thread it appeared to me to be a similar case that started it. So I took the liberty to follow up.

Thanks for any comments.

Gabi 

7.1 -- 2013
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,135 Views)