From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rotating fill slide

Solved!
Go to solution

Good Morning (or whatever time of the day it is at your place),

I want to display the data I receive from a 3-Axis acceleration sensor. I'd like to display the 3 values on 3 fill slide. Is it possible to rotate a fill slide by 45°?

If yes: How?

Any help is appreciated

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,517 Views)

Hi jak,

clear answer: no!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,505 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PeterFoerster

Hi Jak888,

How about this?

Slanting Slide Bar.png

Regards,

Nitzz

(GIve Kudos to good Answers and Mark it as a Solution if your problem is Solved;))

Message 3 of 12
(3,499 Views)

Hi NitzZ,

that's shifting and not rotating! Smiley Wink

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 12
(3,497 Views)

A 3-axis display might be better represented using multiple plots on a 3D graph.

Ian

Message 5 of 12
(3,488 Views)

Shifting will do. Now just tell me, how you did it, please.

Displaying them in a 3D Plot might be better, but I don't really know much about the 3D Plot. I just needed a quick solution, to display them. Later I won't be displaying all 3 axes at the same time.

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,483 Views)

Hi GerdW,

That was just a random thought:) Just poped in my mind suddenly when I was reading this thread:)

Regards,

Nitzz 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,481 Views)

I knocked up a quick demo of the 3d graph - it shows the three axes plus the resultant.

It seems a little buggy somehow - sometimes the lines flicker in and out and depending on the zoom level the visibility changes. This might be something to do with my LabVIEW version (v8.5) and I have a suspicion these graphs have been upgraded in recent years.

However, this should give you the idea....

Ian

Message 8 of 12
(3,477 Views)

Hi Jak,

I am not that good with the 3D plot. Ian has already posted the required explanation on that.:) About the image which i have attached, Its just 3 slide bars used, of which the second one is made to look slanting by covering the upper and lower portions.. You can take a look at the attached vi in my previous post.;)

Regards,

Nitzz

(Kudos are always Welcome;)) 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,471 Views)

Thats really nice Ian..:) Kudos to you..!!

Message 10 of 12
(3,465 Views)