From Thursday, May 23rd (05:00 PM CDT) through Friday, April 24th (1:30 AM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multi tasking

Hi all,

I have a working vi that currently communicate with a serial port. I would like to expand the capacities and have the program communicates with 3 more serial port and still able to run them independently and in parallel.

I have read other related posts but still had no clues of how it should be done. I know that I have to make many sub vis, but have no idea how to connect them together !

Please advise.

Thanks

dp

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,490 Views)

Post what you have so far.

Basically you would take what you've done to communicate through one serial port and duplicate that code 2 more times.

Message 2 of 4
(2,466 Views)

HI Ravens Fan,

Thank you for your quick response. I have thought about duplicating my codes but my current codes is already "overcrowded". And it would be messy if I have to multiply it 3 times more. So I'm looking for a "cleaner" way to to do it. If there is no alternative then I'll have to go that round.

dp

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,432 Views)
If you have code that you use more than once, make it a subVI.  If you need the multiple copies to be truly independent of each other, then set their properties to be re-entrant.
Message 4 of 4
(2,424 Views)