From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to generate pulses with an oscillating frequency?

Hi, I need to control the frequency of a motor and, in the same time, to trigger off a stroboscop at the same frequency. I control the two apparatus by analogical outputs through the DAQ USB-6259. I don't have any problem to impose the desired frequency on the motor. On the stroboscop, in a first time, I imposed a square wave and it works very well. But I want now impose an oscillating frequency (sinusoidal) on the motor and I want that the stroboscop follows the same profile of frequency.  I thought to do something like this : 1) I generate a first pulse and simultaneously I read the frequency f0 of the motor. 2) The next pulse is generate 1/f0 second later and I read the new frequency f1 to generate the third pulse ... Could it be possible? And anybody have an idea how to do this? More precisions : I use Labview 8.2 and I'm a beginner. Regards, Elsa
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,049 Views)
Hello Elsa.

Have you already followed LabVIEW lessons?
I advice you to read Getting_Started with LabVIEW and have a look with the ni and developer zone examples. They are very usefull.
With LabVIEW nothing is impossible Smiley Tongue  

Regards.   
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,020 Views)