From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subvi daq loop ni a calling vi

Hi!

I have a vi that contains an event case structure which aquires data in an event driven way from a hardware. It is implemented via a DLL, and thus the DLL have to be initialized first. These init and DAQ parts are done in a flat seq. structure, so they follow each-other.

I need to place this whole thing in an other vi like a subVI. This other vi would display the incoming data, therefore it will contain a while loop. I would place my subVI in this while loop, so that it would give data continuously to my display event-drivenly. But in this way it would initialize every cycle.

So my question is, thet how should i solve this? I have seen such vi-s, that have more instances and there is a input param that i can choose, like "init", "write", "read". I would like something alike, or it is not the best way to do it?

Waszil
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,137 Views)
By now I have answered my question, i separated the tasks to 3 vi-s, so now it works fine. Sorry for tha flame.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,114 Views)