LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number to fractional string

hi ....
i am very new to the NI Labview, anybody help me to explain the  number to fractional string, which are used in following block diagram.
what is the motto behind using the number to fractional sting and please do not suggest me to read context help on this topic. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,018 Views)

23235573 wrote:
hi ....
... please do not suggest me to read context help on this topic. 

Hi 23235573,
why not? Smiley Wink The context help describes what this function do. Smiley Happy You can convert a number to a fractional string.

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,016 Views)
i gone through the context help, i know number to fractional string is use for converting, but why it is need to converting, what is motto behind it as per my block diagram (because i used template I.e. i find difficult to understand) please tell me.........

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,014 Views)
Hi 23235573,
you have to convert it, because you number is first from type dbl. To show it in a string indicator or listbox, you have to convert it to string. You can also use the "Format Into String" function.

Hope it helps.
Mike
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,006 Views)
i suppose u have downloaded a example program to analyze it.Ok you dont have a Concatenate number function in labVIEW. the function is used for over laying the cursor position in the graph. the Concatenate Strings is used for display purpose alone.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,005 Views)
i suppose u have downloaded a example program to analyze it.Ok you dont have a Concatenate number function in labVIEW. the function is used for over laying the cursor position in the graph. the Concatenate Strings is used for display purpose alone.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,000 Views)
thank you very much........
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,993 Views)