LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find maximum and minimum value for different iterations of while loop

how can I find the minimum value from a XY graph for different iterations of while loop. I have a XY graph , i need to find the minimum value at each operation of the loop. In the way such that I hve to plot a graph with minimum against time. How can I do it please reply

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,063 Views)
It seems to me that the same question was asked and answered already.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/how-can-I-find-the-minimum-in-real-time/m-p/2716891
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,047 Views)

Hi perumpadapu,

You might want to look at a function called "Array Max & Min" where you can extract a minimum or maximum value inside an array.

You can also get index information of the array as well.

Best regards,

TuiTui

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,043 Views)

it's not the same question, there it is different, here it is different, here i have to start the while loop again and again and I have to see the minima .

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,039 Views)
The answer is still the same.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,036 Views)

Hi Perumpadapu,

Do you mean you want to see the minimum value of every loop and retain the information?

If this is the case, you might want to use "build array" and shift register to put the value in each loop into array. However, you might want to consider about the memory if you are using build array.

Concept of shift register can be found in this link below

http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/labviewbasics/shiftregisters.htm

Hope this help

Best regards,

TuiTui

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,033 Views)

You don't need a shft register, just use the Max/Min Array function. In this example, I built ten 500-element arrays, found max & min for each, and put them into a 10-element (x2) array:

original.png

Should be easy to adapt for your application.

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,977 Views)