From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to copy paste table lines efficiently?

hi!

do you know if there is a simple way to copy paste a table line in order to create a new one below?

I tried to implement a 1D cluster table where each cluster is a line of elements with different type. Unformunately, the context menu at run mode is not very easy to use. I only can copy cells inside

thanks in advance for any suggestion! you will find my VI joined

Sans titre.png

Pierre FCentum TNS, Grenoble
Certified LabVIEW Associated Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(715 Views)

Hi Pierre,

@Pierre_F wrote:

do you know if there is a simple way to copy paste a table line in order to create a new one below?

I tried to implement a 1D cluster table where each cluster is a line of elements with different type. Unformunately, the context menu at run mode is not very easy to use. I only can copy cells inside

You can always create your own RunTimeMenu for each control: add a menu item for line duplication, then add your own code to duplicate the cluster element of your array…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 3
(709 Views)

To perhaps expound on GerdW's post: no, you cannot do it automatically. You *must* create custom code to do what you want.

I would suggest a custom right click menu, but you could trigger the code with a button or something. In fact, I'd recommend writing the code with inputs of "Full Table" and "Index to duplicate" and with an output of "Modified table". Get that code working, then you can implement that subVI inside of a right click menu, or in a button, or whatever.

The code itself will be very simple.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(666 Views)