LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphical display of the cutter's trace on the part

I put the drawing of the part in picture 2d. And there is a picture with the shape of the cutter. I need the cutter to move around the part and, accordingly, its trace "painted over" the part with the background color (or transparent). I think that picture 2d is the best way to do that. I have a suggestion to paint the cutter in color and use create mask.vi to have the shape of the cutter cut out on the picture of the part. But it's all kinda slow and looks complicated, I'm afraid it will slow down, I need 5 FPS at least. Parts with large zoom, fullhd resolution or even more. How would you implement such graphics?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(795 Views)

Please show us your code and we will speed it up. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(790 Views)

How do I make the background behind the cutter transparent? The performance seems fine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(740 Views)

@Feds wrote:

How do I make the background behind the cutter transparent? The performance seems fine.

Unless you have a transparent monitor like in some of those scifi movies or shows, there is no "transparent"! Transparent just means to show whatever is underneath instead, so the question is what's underneath. 😄

Are you redefining transparent as a light grey checkerboard pattern? that's just a convention.

(I'll have a look at your code later once I am on a suitable computer)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(731 Views)