From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hide tab control

hi
is there anyway to hide/display the tabcontrol while the vi is running?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,652 Views)
Sure, just create a property node for the tab control and programmatically wire a true or false ot it to show or hide it, resp.

(This will hide the entire tab control, including any controls on it.)

Could it be you only want to hide some or all of the tabs, not the entire tab control?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,645 Views)
Here I made a quick example with two boolean controls:

One shows/hides the entire tab control.
One shows/hides tab #2.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,640 Views)
thanks for the answer

let say I am using 2 interface for my front panel, one as the main screen(to let the user chose the mode) and the other as one of the mode selected by the user.
is it recommended to hide/display the interface or is there another efficient way to do so?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,637 Views)
There are several different ways to implement the user interface necessary for your application.
One alternative that would allow you avoid hiding and showing front panel controls is to have the main VI call a SubVI that has the user interface for the mode selected by the user. By setting the VI's window appearance to "Dialog" under File>>VI Properties>>Window Appearance the VI will display its front panel when called, and then close after it finishes running.

Scott Y
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,615 Views)