From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga - invoke method run not working

Hi,

I have an FPGA vi and then host vi (LabView 2013), in which I want to run the FPGA vi. I am using Open FPGA reference and then invoke metod.  When I choose abort and FPGA vi is running, it will stop. But if I want to start it (FPGA vi is not runnig) and use run, the FPGA vi does not start. Do I have to check/create something special in FPGA vi or should I do something special during the compilation?

Thanks a lot in advance

Stanislava 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,546 Views)

Hi Stanislava,

could you please attach the code example?

Regards,

Nina

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,520 Views)

Thank you Nina for your reply.

Here is the piece of code, where I call the FPGA. Like this, it does not start the FPGA.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,514 Views)

could you please attach the vi? I want to have a look on the configuration of the open FPGA reference function.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,503 Views)

Original is too complex, so I made just this small one.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,495 Views)

Hi,

thank you for the vi.

So, I don´t know what you expect, the vi should do! Because you just start the fpga vi, but you don´t even read or write any data so you won´t see anything, even if it´s running. You could have a look on the LabVIEW example finder. There you will find several examples of how to read or write data, you get from the FPGA. I attached a picture of how you can find the examples.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,474 Views)

But that is the problem. This does not start the FPGA. My FPGA is triggering cameras during acquisition of the data. I just want to run it when my program starts. But with this it is not running (at least, my cameras are not triggered). If I run it normally, that means I press run  button in the FPGA vi, everything is working. But that means that at first, I have to run the FPGA vi and than the acquisition program. For practical reasons I want to run just the acquisition program. I think I have to set something somewhere, but I still not figured out what and where.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,469 Views)

So I figured it out. The FPGA did start run, but when I closed the reference, it also stopped. And I was using it after closing the reference. I did not realized, that it works like this(and also that nobody could notice, since I put just part of the code here). Thank you Nina, you inspired me to find the solution. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,456 Views)

Hey,

sounds great. 🙂 Yes I am sorry that I couldn´t help in this case but I am glad that you could figure it out.

Have a nice week!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,453 Views)