From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert

Hello, I want to process data in labview 8.0 that i'm getting from VBAI 3.0 The problem is that the data are not in the format that i can process. I want to compare this data with others data. The problem is that i dont know the format in which  VBAI is communicating is data to the labview. in resum what i want to do is to get data from VBAI through the custom step to process it and to send it to the next step.
could someone help me with this issue?

Regards

Tchaou.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,312 Views)

Hi Tchaou,

I am a little unclear as to what you are doing, but it looks like you are doing an inspection in VBAI, and outputting the success or failure of your inspection?  Or are you outputting other information?  There are a few ways to communicate between the two programs.  VBAI can have a call LabVIEW VI step, where it can set inputs and outputs of a VI that it calls within it's inspection.  Also, using ActiveX, LabVIEW can call VBAI to run an inspection.  There are a couple other methods though they are not as reliable; you can create an inspection in VBAI and transfer it to LabVIEW code though that can be hard to edit in LabVIEW, or you can write your VBAI results to a file and have LabVIEW read that file.

Let me know if I have assumed correctly, and if any of these methods appears to be what you want to do.  Thanks!

-Allison S.

Applications Engineering

-Allison S.
Calibration Services
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,276 Views)

Hello Allison,

Thank you for replying to my question. In fact to get the all idea of what i'm doing and where my issue is located please just get a quick look to this link:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=200&message.id=12516&view=by_date_ascending&page=3

again thak you.

Best Regards

Tchaou

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,273 Views)

Tchaou,

Thank you for the link.  I suggest that we stop using this forum and that your question be continued on the other forum.  For the sake of simplicity it is in general recommended to keep each customer question to one forum only so that multiple engineers are not working on the same issue.  I will monitor that forum and help there if I can.  I also noticed that you are working on an issue here: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=234223 that looks very similar.  If that is also the same issue I would recommend using the initial thread that you created.  Thank you!

-Allison S.

Applications Engineering

-Allison S.
Calibration Services
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,237 Views)

Hi Allison,

Thank you for your reply. i will follow up ...

Regards

Tchaou

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,226 Views)