LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

building an application with daq software

Hello all.

I am having trouble building an application that uses two vi's that use daqmx specifically NI cDAQ-9174 with NI 9041 collecting a voltage and displaying a digital signal.

I want the program to be able to run on any computer sans LabVIEW, just needing the USB connected. The program opens, and does not run in to errors, but it does not capture any data leading me to believe there is some issue with the daq device. How can i configure my build so that it can read the signal?

If you need any more info feel free to ask.

Neil

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,715 Views)

My guess is that you need to configure the device in MAX to match the name and other settings from your developement computer.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,709 Views)
When you build the installer, the hardware configuration from MAX can be included as well as the DAQmx runtime. Did you also include MAX? Does it work there?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,686 Views)

Good thought. Do I include that in the lvproj?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,676 Views)
No, you include it in the installer.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,656 Views)

@Neil_Helsel wrote:

Good thought. Do I include that in the lvproj?

Yes.  You can add DAQmx Tasks, devices, channels, etc to the project.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,653 Views)

I never used the installer before, is that the same process as making an application? So just put MAX in the source files?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,644 Views)

@Neil_Helsel wrote:

I never used the installer before, is that the same process as making an application? So just put MAX in the source files?

It is similar.  The installer also goes into the Build Spec.  It allows you to have files put in specific locations, create shortcuts, install required drivers, etc.  One of the things you can put in the installer is a DAQmx configuration that you created from MAX.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,639 Views)

Now how do I get one task out of MAX. I keep just adding the NIMax.exe

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,630 Views)

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/5406/en/

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019
Message 10 of 10
(3,585 Views)