From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 Home and LabView

Hi.

I tried to connect several instruments (Ex: Agilent 8453 UV/Vis spectrophotometer) to LabVIEW2021 on my PC with Windows 11 Home edition. But, none of the instruments show up in NI-MAX. Please help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,497 Views)

Please ensure you've installed NI-VISA drivers. BTW, how are you connecting the instruments to the laptop? over USB-GPIB or USB or TCP?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,463 Views)

Hi Santhosh.

Thank you for your response.

I'm using GPIB-USB which worked for a PC with Windows 7. And yes, I had NI VISA installed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,415 Views)

Do you also have the NI 488.2 drivers installed?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,411 Views)

Yes Gregory. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,348 Views)

the LabVIEW Readme file 2021 indicate that the windows version compatible with LabVIEW 2021 are (Windows 10 ,Windows Server 2019,Windows Server 2016 ) so Windows 11 is not indicated in the List.

https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374715r.html 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,331 Views)

@Zhulfaa wrote:

Hi Santhosh.

Thank you for your response.

I'm using GPIB-USB which worked for a PC with Windows 7. And yes, I had NI VISA installed.

Let's look at that hardware one more time and get a specific model number since many older NI GPIB-USB devices have become quite obsolete.  Unless that is really a GPIB-USB HS or HS+ it's probably not going to have modern driver support in NI VISA .  The GBIB-USB A dropped support many years ago an currently the only searches returning for GPIB-USB B devices run into archives that NI hasn't got around to transitioning to the newer documentation database.

The ReadMe file for your exact version of NI VISA will contain a list of supported hardware.  One day someone should change that title to "ReadMeYesIAmReallySerious"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,320 Views)

As Jay pointed out, and I found out the hard way last week, NI GPIB-USB-B are not suported by NI-VISA drivers >version 17.6  See this article, https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000g0uXSAQ&l=en-CA

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,197 Views)