LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't LabVIEW remember resolved conflicts?

This is something that has bothered me probably since the inception of the Project Explorer.

When a project gets "conflits" for whatever reason, from then on every time I load a top level VI from that project I have to resolve the same conflicts. 

Why can't LabVIEW "write this information down" somewhere so I don't have to resolve the same conflicts everytime I open the VI until the end of time.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,497 Views)

Are you using PPLs or some form of compiled source?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,484 Views)

Nope just VI's on my hard drive

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,477 Views)

You have to save all of the VIs that are involved with the conflicts.

If they are not all saved, the unsaved VI will still remember the conflict and ... bad bad, bad.

A "Tree.VI" that contains all of the top level VIs and dynamic dispatched VI etc. can be helpful since doing a "Save All" for the Tree.VI should update all after the conflict is resolved.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,463 Views)

@Ben wrote:

You have to save all of the VIs that are involved with the conflicts.

If they are not all saved, the unsaved VI will still remember the conflict and ... bad bad, bad.

A "Tree.VI" that contains all of the top level VIs and dynamic dispatched VI etc. can be helpful since doing a "Save All" for the Tree.VI should update all after the conflict is resolved.

Ben

I have saved and re-saved every VI in this project several times over the years (yes YEARS) this has been happening.

But I just got a new computer and am in the middle of rebuilding my file structure, so maybe it will fix itself that way.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,400 Views)

Well, let's follow Bob's advice and show us a problem project.  Screenshot of the project items view with paths on the right showing.

Almost certainly your project is not flossed.  Look for Swatts blog.  You need to keep your dependancies clean! Dependancies aren't in the project namespace so, they load from the search paths you have in the LabVIEW. Ini often this finds them somewhere else or worse, the paths in SCC don't match the checkout folder.  (   A super PITA with multiple developers using there own locations and worse with auto pop folders).

I do offer "Come to the river" services.  It doesn't take long to get everyone singing from the same hymnal.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,393 Views)

How do I show the path in the "Items View" 

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,372 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

How do I show the path in the "Items View" 

Project --> Show Item Paths.

Not very intuitive.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,361 Views)

Okay here you go... Now this is on a new computer so all of the dependencies marked (deleted renamed. etc) are in essence deleted. But LabVIEW will not update this no matter how may times I resolve all the conflicts and save the project and all its VI's

project1.PNG

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,355 Views)

Robert's,  for a forum heavy hitter I'll do the things needed free.

Hit me up PM but, look up Swatts blog too!

Those dependancies need.....there isn't a nice word.  Def+●○ing?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,348 Views)