From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While Loop Help...I think

Solved!
Go to solution

All,

I have a fairly simple VI that grabs the units of measure (send a "A") from a MARK-10 test stand and MARK-10 force gauge. I'm struggling with how, or where, I should place my While Loop. What I would like the VI to do is if the units of measure are not correct, change the units (send a "U") and retry the comparison.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,111 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BadAzzS10

Like this?

Snippet.png

Edward Motts
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,093 Views)

That looks like it would do what you want it to do. I have two observations that may improve your design.

1. Is it guaranteed that the unit will be two bytes long at the beginning at index 7? I would recommend using the match pattern vi and if the substring is not found the offset past match will be -1.

2. The close port probably should be outside of the loop and shift registers are good too unless you want to loose any previous error details.

-Nate
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,087 Views)

N8D11,

I agree that the close port should be outside the loop--you wouldn't want to close that port on the first iteration.  My mistake.

Ed

Edward Motts
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,071 Views)

That did it. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,042 Views)