From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which liscence Do I need to Download Old Versions of LabView

Solved!
Go to solution

@Gregory wrote:

Updated DAQmx drivers are often compatible with older hardware. Are you running on Windows XP? 

Yes, but the gap between driver and LV version is at least a decade.  Isn't DAQmx one of the drivers whose compatibility window is 3 versions or something like that?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(534 Views)

According to this page, 4 versions (not including SPs).

I have a valid licence and i can't download older than LabVIEW 2009 version, but even daqmx from that one might not support things from 8.2.1 (not entirely sure how many versions are between those)

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(521 Views)

The official LabVIEW versions were in this order:

8.0        SP: 8.0.1

8.20      SP: 8.2.1

8.5        SP: 8.5.1

8.6        SP: 8.6.1

2009      SP: 2009 SP1

The 8.20 was an outlier and named like that because of the 20 year anniversary of LabVIEW. The internal version number was 8.2.0.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(515 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NueralMural

Alright, I made a call to NI. The guy I talked to was very helpful. I'll post the directions here in case anyone else has the same question.

In order to get an older version of LabVIEW, you need to call technical support while also having an active service program. To get an active service program, you just need to purchase a license. Every license comes with tech support. However, if you are looking to build executables, you specifically need a LabVIEW Professional License.

As for me, my lab cannot afford a Professional License, even for a year, so I will have to rely on our collaborators who do have a license. This will make things take much longer, but that's just grad school in a nut shell.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(493 Views)

That's partially true, the Professional version is the only version that includes the application builder. But you can add the application builder onto any license for $824. 

See here for the difference between licenses:

https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/labview/select-edition.html

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(486 Views)

It seems LabVIEW Base rather than LabVIEW Professional doesn't have all the same functions, however I have no idea if these missing functions are even used by our current build. Is there a quicker way to tell this besides combing through every existing VI? If we don't use any of those advanced functions, you may have just saved me a lot of time. $1352, though still a lot for my lab, is an easier sell to my PI than $2772.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(476 Views)