LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is causing a name collision on building my VI?

UPDATE:

I have spoken with the R&D engineers who are working on the issue, and there is no work around for the issue. This being said, it is obvious to me that this is a major inconvenience to all of you who wish to using timed loops in executables. I want to give you my word that I am riding this issue until it is resolved and fixed. Unfortunately we will all have to wait for a patch (hopefully) or the next release (worst scenario) of LabVIEW. If you feel the same way that I do about the issue, I would strongly suggest that you give product feedback regarding this issue. I do apologize to all of you who have had this problem cause major issues. If someone does come up with a work around, please post it so that the R&D team and I can look to see if it can be a temporary fix. Again, sorry all.

Tyler H.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 33
(1,726 Views)

Thank you Tyler for working on that issue.

For the moment, using lvalarms.vi from the llb only is working in my case, but I guess it is not a lasting solution.

I hope it will still running until you would issue a patch. We are working hard on this project for finalizing other functions, and we will deploy our app week 18 Smiley Indifferent

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 33
(1,718 Views)

Tyler thank you for your efford. I hope this problem will be solved quickly.

In the mean while I have updated to version 8.0.1, but I still have the problem.

NacNud

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 33
(1,701 Views)
Do we have any updates on the status of this problem? I've had everything waiting for the fix for about six weeks now.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 33
(1,664 Views)

Unfortunately is the resolution is the same as it was above. It will be fixed in the next patch or release of LabVIEW. Unfotunately I don't have any timelines on when a patch or the next release will occur. So all I can do is this point is appologize and say to keep an eye out. Once something is annouced I will make sure to let everyone on this thread know. Thanks 🙂

Tyler H.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 33
(1,654 Views)
I'm not going to lie.  After spending $4000 and 6 weeks for one program, I'm a little disappointed that the primary functionality of the software is completely nonfunctional several months after the product was released.  Can we at least get a timeframe when the patch will become available?
Message 26 of 33
(1,643 Views)

I have contacted National Instruments in The Netherlands and they told me that de problem is solved in LabVIEW 8.2. They also told that DAQmx 8.3 was released, this hasn't anything to do with de problem. After I updated both the problem was solved.

Only de warning showed up:

A name collision occurred during the build.  VIs were renamed to protect the build.  If any dynamic calls were made to the following VI(s), unexpected behavior may occur:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\vi.lib\Platform\TimedLoop\ConfigExtNode.llb\loadlvalarms.vi

I have opened the executable en there was no problem at all.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 33
(1,541 Views)

Thank you for your feedback NacNud.

They finally found a workaround for that collision, nevertheless renaming that VI that is part of NI source code does not sound a "clean" solution for me. If it would be a user VI, I would agree with such a fix, but NI code leading to compilation warning... Smiley Indifferent

Nevertheless, I am happy it is eventually solved. I will try that as soon as I get the LV8.2 update.

By the way, don't NI intend to provide a software patch for users still using LV 8.0x ? As we have a contract for updates, this update will be "transparent" for me, but I believe LV 8.2 is not a free upgrade for many users and this problem was clearly a bug from previous version...

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 33
(1,521 Views)
Thanks for the heads-up Nac. Spending six months sitting by the pool waiting for a fix seems excessive for a seemingly minor problem, but it beats the regular grad school lifestyle I suppose. 😛
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 33
(1,519 Views)

So.....   is there really a problem with this "warning" showing up or not?   I still get the following error in LV8.20.

A name collision occurred during the build.  VIs were renamed to protect the build.  If any dynamic calls were made to the following VI(s), unexpected behavior may occur: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\vi.lib\Platform\TimedLoop\ConfigExtNode.llb\loadlvalarms.vi

Can I just ignore it?

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 33
(1,346 Views)