LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is causing a name collision on building my VI?

I thought replacing the file loadlvalarms.vi would solve the problem, but it didn't.
With the file C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.0\vi.lib\Platform\TimedLoop\ConfigExtNode.llb\loadlvalarms.vi I could not build the executable but with C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.0\vi.lib\Platform\TimedLoop\ConfigExtNode.llb\loadlvalarms.vi I could.
Running the executable caused an error. I don't know the error warning anymore.
My knowledge stopt here and I don't knwo how to solve this problem eather.

NacNud
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 33
(1,998 Views)

There seems to be a couple of issues that should have been solved with the XNode on the timed loop, but it seems that they are popping there heads up again. I want everyone to know that I am looking into the issue and will let everyone know once I make any headway. Thanks.

Tyler H.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 33
(1,986 Views)
Thanks for your help.

It seems only a problem of duplicated names, indeed. The idea of NacNud of replacing loadlvalarms.vi looked fine, but I did it the other way round : I simply deleted the file C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.0\vi.lib\Platform\TimedLoop\XDataNode\loadlvalarms.vi. When LabView tries to load my application with a Timed Loop, it asks for this file and I just selected the one in the ConfigExtNode.llb.

Now I have no more warning nor error. I guess deleting it from the llb and keeping the one in the XDataNode directory would solve the problem, too.

Why does vi.lib directory contains two copies of the same file ?

Message Edité par Inpriser le 04-06-2006 02:26 AM

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 33
(1,981 Views)
What version of LV is everyone using? I have found a few Corrective Actions on this issue in 7.1 but they have been fixed for 8.0. Have you tried to re-produce this in 8.0?

Tyler H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 33
(1,968 Views)

I am using LabVIEW 8.0.

I do not know if this error also exists in LV7.1

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 33
(1,961 Views)
I've looked into the issue some more and it seems that the conflicts could possilby be the old versions. Have you upgraded to 8.0.1? If not I would suggest that you un-install all versions of LEV, and re-install the most recent version. If this is not a possibility, could you post a small piece of code that reproduces the issue, along with what National Instruments software you do have installed. This way I can try to re-produce the issue you are seeing and take it directly to the correct people. Right now I'm not 100% sure that the name conflict should still be happening. Let me know what you come up with so that we can get this issue rolling. Thanks

Tyler H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 33
(1,947 Views)

That is right, this problem occurs on our 3 workstations where LV7.1 was initially installed. But please note that we uninstalled this version before installing V8.0.

We did not upgrade to 8.0.1 yet, as we are finalizing the first version of a big project. I have another computer where LV8.0 was installed from scratch, I will try to compile there.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 33
(1,944 Views)

Here is my complete story.

I am using the example file:
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.0\examples\DAQmx\Analog In\Measure Voltage.llb\Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk-Timed Loop.vi

Making the executable gives following warning:

Build status - Warning

A name collision occurred during the build.  VIs were renamed to protect the build.  If any dynamic calls were made to the following VI, unexpected behavior

can occur:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.0\vi.lib\Platform\TimedLoop\ConfigExtNode.llb\loadlvalarms.vi

The executable askes for lvarms.dll at startup. I selected the dll and after that I get the error:
Error -805 occurred at DAQmx Create Timing Source (Digital Edge using Counter).vi:1

LabVIEW:  LabVIEW:  The following timing source does not exist possibly because the timing source was never created, has been cleared, or an illegal action

was attempted.

Task Name: _unnamedTask<1>

By replacing the file, I could build the executable without warnings:
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.0\vi.lib\Platform\TimedLoop\ConfigExtNode.llb\loadlvalarms.vi
with:
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.0\vi.lib\Platform\TimedLoop\XDataNode\loadlvalarms.vi

I can build executable withoud warning.

When I startup the executable I immediately get the error:
Error -805 occurred at DAQmx Create Timing Source (Digital Edge using Counter).vi:1

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  LabVIEW:  The following timing source does not exist possibly because the timing source was never created, has been cleared, or an illegal action

was attempted.

Task Name: _unnamedTask<1>

I am using LabVIEW 8.0 clean install and I never had LabVIEW 7 installed. I am using the DAQ NI-6221.
At the and of my working day I will upgrade to version 8.0.1 and will let you know the result tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 33
(1,936 Views)
I've tried replacing the loadlvalarms.vi in the library file with that found in the XNode folder and it built the program, but the program wouldn't loop. Same thing for if I removed the XNode loadlvalarms.vi and kept the one in the library. Same thing if I replaced the XNode loadlvalarms.vi with the loadlvalarms.vi with the one from the library. So, it builds fine, but the program doesn't run.

When I click the start arrow on the compiled version, it executes very briefly, doesn't send/receive any equipment signals, then stops. It's like it's never executing my timed loop.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 33
(1,928 Views)
Alright, I was finally able to tract down the issue after doing some more investigating and this is a bug with the linking of the lvalarms.dll. This is being addressed by our R&D group as we speak and unfortunately the error is occurring in the app builder itself. I am currently working with the R&D department to see if there is a work around for the issue. If anyone has been able to work around the problem, please post the steps for doing this so that I may validate the steps and pass them on to our R&D group for future use. Sorry that so many of you have been having this issue, but I assure you that it is a high priority fix that we are working on. Thanks for everyones patience.

Tyler H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 33
(1,925 Views)