From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph is showing numerous unwanted plots. How do I get rid of them?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to plot 2 functions on one graph. Instead of just getting these 2, i am getting a plot with numerous other ones which are all very similar to at least one of the ones i want.

I have attached a copy of the graph and code (Pardon the clutter)

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

- Marge

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,962 Views)

If you are getting that many plots, that means you must be acquiring that many channels of data.  Since you are doing anything else with them, don't set up your DAQ task with so many channels.

How do you determine which plots you want to see and which you want to eliminate?  Since you have a large 2-D array that contains all the samples from all the DAQ channels, you just need to use the appropriate array functions to get out only the parts of the array you want.  Such as Index Array to get let's say the 1st and last columns (perhaps rows, not sure) and then Build Array to but only those two back together into a 2-D array.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,944 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author msmartei

Right click on your chart and deselect Transpose Array. The data from the DAQmx Read with 2D DBL NChan NSamp is organized where each row is a channel and each column is the samples for that channel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,938 Views)

Interesting. I have the DAQ physical channels set to cDAQ1Mod1/ai0:1, which if im correct should only be collecting data from the first 2 channels.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,938 Views)
And have you bothered to try my suggestion?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,925 Views)
You are using a chart and you can not update chart this way. See this example so will you understand examples\general\graphs\charts.llb\Charts.vi

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,917 Views)
Sorry for the late response, it was a long weekend here in Germany....Just tried unchecking the transpose and that seemed to work perfectly. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,877 Views)
Could you please explain what you mean by I cannot update a chart this way? I don't get it.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,872 Views)
Well, yeah... :smileyindifferent:  Huh, a slightly misunderstanding from my side

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,864 Views)

Hello Mr Coq Rouge

I downloaded your  Project_Filter.vi and i need the password to see the block diagramm.

I am traying to understand the VI because i will try to determine the frequency of the bioimpedance signal.

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,853 Views)