From 02:00 AM CST Saturday, February 4 - 06:00 AM CST Saturday, February 4, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VRML

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi metadeth

I attached 4 file

Please open file 1.wrl in 1.v1 and

Please open file 2.wrl in 2.v1 and

regards 

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 56
(1,845 Views)

Hi!, Naser1363 and Metadeth.

You said you managed to represent a 3D model into LabView using the 3D Picture Control loading a VRML file, don't you? I tried to do exactly that several months ago but I finally gave it up, because I couldn't get the view of the 3D model from a VRML file. I posted a message in another topic where I commented one of the problems I noticed this VI had: "Load VRML" didn't seem to recognize decimal units of the values of geometric and property parameters of the VRML file. You can see this message here:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=260517

I've recently upgraded to LabView 8.6, and I supossed this problem would be fixed, but it still remains. At least, I tried to do the same, but it also doesn't work now.

Could you help me? How did you do that?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Francisco

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 56
(1,780 Views)

Hi Dear Francisco

I don't understand your problem.please tell me again.But I want to tell you how do you make your VRML file?For example if you make it with Solidworks you must save your file with VRML97 not VRML1.Because I know Labview 8.2 an 7.1 dose not support VRML1.I don't have a Labview 8.6.

please tell me your problem again if I can I will help you.

Best regards

Naser
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 56
(1,770 Views)

Hi, Naser.

Thank you for your fast reply. I know what you mean about VRML version. I obtain the VRML file through Solid Edge: I create a 3d model, and then I "save as" VRML file. I think the version is correct, because I can read the VRML file by the Notepad and in the first row appears "#VRML V2.0 utf8 Solid Edge VRML Export V1.2". That means that is the correct version (VRML97 is the same than VRML 2.0).

I think it is better to send you a file so you can check if it works or not. I send you the following:

eslabon.vi: LabView program

Block Diagram.jpg: snapshot where you can see how the program looks like

Solid Edge model.jpg: snapshot of Solid Edge software and the model I created

eslabon.wrl: VRML file created by Solid Edge from the model

Control Panel running.jpg: snapshot of the Control Panel while it is running; there is nothing in the 3D Picture Control

When you get the files, you only have to open "eslabon.vi", select the file "eslabon.wrl" and run the program.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Francisco

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 56
(1,761 Views)

Hi Dear Francisco

I don't have a Labview program now.But I can open our WRL file with  V-Realm Builder software.

I understand your VRML file is not VRML97.

I think it is reason for your error.

Please save your file again with VRML97.

IF you cant save it with VRML97 please send your Solid Edge model then I will save it to VRML97.

Please save your Solid Edge model with a good Suffix to i can open it with Solidworks.

I think if you save it with (.igs ) I will can to open it inSolidwork

Best regards
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 56
(1,756 Views)

Hi Dear Francisco

Plesae excuse me i forgot i can open WRL file with solidwork.

But i dont acess to solidwork now.

Do you can wait me for next two days?

Best regards

Naser

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 56
(1,752 Views)

Hi, Naser, again.

Well, actually I have also Solidworks. So, in Solidworks, I load the model created by Solid Edge, then I save it like VRML file (selecting VRML97 option) and it also doesn't work in LabView with the "Load VRML File.vi", but now it shows an error: "This scene is missing expected nodes or contains nodes that LabVIEW does not support.".

So, I send you the following:

eslabon.par: model in Solid Edge

eslabon.SLDPRT: model in Solidworks

eslabon SW.wrl: VRML file I get through Solidworks

Thank you very much. And don't worry, I'll wait what is needed to solve that.

Regards,

Francisco

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 56
(1,758 Views)
Sorry, I forgot to attach the files.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 56
(1,757 Views)

Hi Dear Francisco

I will try to solve your problem if I can.

But i don't access to Labview tow next days.

If you can please wait.

Best regards.

Naser

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 56
(1,737 Views)

Hi Dear Francisco

I forgot  i want to tolld you please save your Labview file that I can open it with Labview 7.1

Because I think I can't open your file with Labview 7.1

Best regards

Naser

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 56
(1,732 Views)