cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Write Ctrl+C

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

im simulating a terminal and to exit the running test i have to send Ctrl+C. im using VISA Write/Read. everything works just fine except the Ctrl+C command.

i tried String: 03, 3, /03 accordingly to ascii table. but nothing seems to work.

thank you for your time

Mirjana

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,274 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MirjanaLaw

Hi Mirjana,

@MirjanaLaw wrote:

im simulating a terminal and to exit the running test i have to send Ctrl+C. im using VISA Write/Read. everything works just fine except the Ctrl+C command.

i tried String: 03, 3, /03 accordingly to ascii table. but nothing seems to work.

So there is a problem in your VI, but you don't attach that VI and still expect us to find the problem?

Have you also tried to send a byte containing the value "3"?

Have you tried to set your string to Hex display mode and then type the "03" value?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,254 Views)

Hi GerdW

you already solved my problem, set to hex display mode did the trick.

i did not attach my vi because i knew it was not the problem, just didn't know how to send Ctrl. +C.

so thanks a lot for the fast reply

Mirjana

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,240 Views)

(never mind this reply, GerdW already said it but I read too fast)

My guess is that you didn't send 3, but 51. Set the string control to display hex. But as GerdW says, without seeing your VI, we can only guess.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,239 Views)

yes set it to display hex solved my problem

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,232 Views)

Hi Mirjana,

@MirjanaLaw wrote:

i did not attach my vi because i knew it was not the problem, just didn't know how to send Ctrl. +C.

Well, your VI was the problem as your code was not created as you should have created the code…

But my magic glass ball was right!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,229 Views)

Setting string constant's or control's mode to "\ Codes Display" and entering \03 (and not /03) would also have given you that result. It definitely was a problem in your VI so attaching that VI or at least showing your diagram or even better yet a snippet of your VI, would have made it easily recognizable without forcing Gerd to invoke his magic glass ball in guessing what the problem could be.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,203 Views)