LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog notification: "Library information could not be updated."

Hello LabVIEWers!

I finally rounded up all the code that I regularly reuse, bought a copy of JKI's VI Package Builder, and I'm ready to make my first package. I assembled my reusable codebase into a LV Project, so that I could use the LVUTF. For historical/portability reasons, each of my "functional areas" (e.g. Strings, File & Date, GUI, etc.) are each contained in a separate project library, along with the LVUTF test files and some documentation.

I thought I would use a source distribution to build the output that will be used to create the (VIPM) package. I would like for that build to remove everything development-related, such as design documentation and unit tests/results. When I configure the SD build to include the public VIs, it automatically includes all the components of the project library, even if I configure it to use a new project library. If I put the virtual folder containing all my development stuff in the "Always Excluded" box, the build operation repeatedly gives me the "Library information could not be updated." dialog box, appx 1X for each documentation/test file in the project library.

The only existing content on this forum for this message I found here:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/quot-Library-information-could-not-be-updated-quot-message/m-p/2365...

It does not seem to address my situation.

Is there a better way to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(828 Views)