LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Camera not recognized

you have to give mode of  camera to property node of camera

so read information of camera with it relative icon and then make property node for camera mode 
also camera mode is number between 1 -5 so you can change this number until camera accept mode and show the frames 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(3,005 Views)

If you cannot attach the VI because the Forum software rejects it as "not a VI", then I'd say you have a serious (virus?) problem ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(2,982 Views)

I have a similar problem. Im using a Firefly USB camera from Point Gray.  NI-MAX detects the camera and I can read it with the "Grab" function. However, when I tray to use the Open Camera.vi it only shows the laptop camera. What could be the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(2,433 Views)

Please post your VI (don't bother posting a picture of the VI, attach the actual .VI file).  Are you using IMAQdx Open Camera?  [In my experience, if MAX can "see" the Camera and do a Grab/Snap operation on it, IMAQ or IMAQdx (depends a bit on the technology) can also "see" it ...].

Bob Schor

Message 14 of 21
(2,427 Views)

Hello,

I have a similar problem. I have a Windows 7 (SP1) PC that is running Labview 2011, NI-MAX version 18.

I connected a FLIR Blackfly camera to the USB3 port of this PC. Installed the Spinnaker SDK for the camera. Checked control panel and it lists the camera as Point Grey USB3 Vision Camera.

The Spinview program from FLIR detects the camera and is able to take pictures.

However, NI-MAX refuses to detect the camera.

Ni MAX screenNi MAX screen

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(2,399 Views)

Do you have Vision Acquisition Software installed? If you want to use the camera with LabVIEW 2011, you will should install VAS 2015.02.

Since the camera you are using is USB3 Vision, you don't need the FLIR SDK to interface with the camera. You should just be able to use NI's IMAQdx driver. In Device Manager, you will want to make sure that the camera is associated with the IMAQdx driver.

-Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(2,388 Views)

If you have the FLIR Camera detected with the FLIR Software, then you are using the FLIR Driver.  You need to use the NI Driver.  I have a FLIR camera plugged into my machine, have just switched to the FLIR Driver (which lets SpinVIEW and FlyCapture see the Camera).  MAX shows the camera as FLIR USB3 Vision Camera "USB-0" and cannot work with it.

To switch to the IMAQdx Driver, I right-click the FLIR entry in MAX, choose Driver, pick the NI IMAQdx Driver, and now the entry says "Point Grey Research" etc., and MAX can "use" the Camera.  What fun!

Bob Schor

Message 17 of 21
(2,384 Views)

@elcalverado wrote:

Do you have Vision Acquisition Software installed? If you want to use the camera with LabVIEW 2011, you will should install VAS 2015.02.

Since the camera you are using is USB3 Vision, you don't need the FLIR SDK to interface with the camera. You should just be able to use NI's IMAQdx driver. In Device Manager, you will want to make sure that the camera is associated with the IMAQdx driver.

-Jordan

Hello,

Can I use my previous license VAS 2011 license with VAS 2015.2?

Thank you very much and best regards,

-Reghu

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(2,379 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

If you have the FLIR Camera detected with the FLIR Software, then you are using the FLIR Driver.  You need to use the NI Driver.  I have a FLIR camera plugged into my machine, have just switched to the FLIR Driver (which lets SpinVIEW and FlyCapture see the Camera).  MAX shows the camera as FLIR USB3 Vision Camera "USB-0" and cannot work with it.

To switch to the IMAQdx Driver, I right-click the FLIR entry in MAX, choose Driver, pick the NI IMAQdx Driver, and now the entry says "Point Grey Research" etc., and MAX can "use" the Camera.  What fun!

Bob Schor

Hello,

NI MAX cannot detect the FLIR camera at all, not even as a USB3 device, when I use LabVIEW 2011. In my machine with LabVIEW 2018, it works perfectly when I switch the driver over to the NI IMAQdx driver.

Thanks and regards,

-Reghu

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(2,379 Views)

I don't believe that USB3 was available 7 years ago (but I could be wrong!).  However, it is also reasonable to think that the IMAQdx Drivers have changed (and improved) (and maybe there have been changes to the GenICam specifications that FLIR is implementing and that IMAQdx 2018 can read and interpret).

Anyway, if you are running LabVIEW 2018, I think you should be running Vision 2018, and similarly with the 2011 versions.  You might get away with version differences of one (but I wouldn't count on it), but seven is too many ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(2,364 Views)