LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-8452 I2C Slave write error -301782

Hello,

I want to create simulate slave on I2C bus using USB-8452. My external master send read request and I want to answer from simulated slave. But, when I want to use VI NI-845x I2C Slave Write.vi, I got this error -301782. What does it means, what is wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,516 Views)

Hi Martin,

are you still struggling with this problem? Or you had already dealt with it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,437 Views)

Hello,

I have already solved this topic. I have wrongly implemented the communication procedure of slave writing. Now, I have fixed.

Thank you

M.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,403 Views)

Hey Martin, 

I am still having the same problem.

Can you please tell me how you solved it? 

Regards

Hmd

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,379 Views)

Hello Hmd,

I wanted to simulate slave with this behaviour: My master asks slave for a data. Slave should receive this request and answer to master. For this behaviour, I had to follow the procedure from NI help. It means to configure I2C slave, start I2C slave, wait for a message from master, read this message (VI I2C Slave Read send automaticaly acknoledge) and again wait for message from master (comand from master that slave can send data) then send a data to master by I2C Slave Write.
2019-08-14_7-57-38.png

Here is a extract from my VI, which works me. I am bigginner with Labview, so the code isn´t so optimal 🙂

2019-08-14_8-17-24.png

Also, take care for pull up resistors. You can switch ON by setting of I2C or you can use external resistors.

I hope it helps a bit.

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,362 Views)