LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vi won't load despite having correct packages

I'm trying to open a VI but it says certain drivers and software are missing.  However, they are installed.  This is what LabVIEW says I am missing.  But the package manager shows xnet and CRIO drivers, and I have Veristand installed.  What gives? 

NI-XNET Driver support for LabVIEW 2018 is missing and is referenced by the following VIs:
NI CompactRIO Driver support for LabVIEW 2018 is missing and is referenced by the following VIs:
NI VeriStand Application Software support for LabVIEW 2018 is missing and is referenced by the following VIs:
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,440 Views)

Does NIPM say they are "for LabVIEW 2018"?  Also, if you open MAX and click the Software entry on the left pane, does the DropDown show the drivers that LabVIEW says are missing?  Finally, what version(s) of LabVIEW have you installed on this PC?  Is it only LabVIEW 2018?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,426 Views)

Also make sure that you have installed things in the proper order. (e.g. A driver install cannot add LabVIEW support, unless LabVIEW is already installed.)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,419 Views)

Rerunning a driver installer after installing whatever you want it to be supported for (e.g. a specific version of LabVIEW) should offer you the option to install support, if that is your issue. 

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,385 Views)
  1. Not sure how to see if they are for LabVIEW 2018 in NIPM.  The readme for CRIO and XNET both say they support 2018. 
  2. MAX shows all three exist
  3. No, I initially installed 2019, but couldn't get the VI to open then, so I installed 2018. I know I had this VI opened previously (one time), and I think it was without errors, but it's been a couple weeks since then. 

I don't want to un-install everything and re-install if I don't have to, it took me 2 days to get everything up and running.  (Sidebar:  Might be less this time, didn't know previously that I could queue multiple packages with NIPM)  However, if clearing it all out and starting over is what's needed, I guess I'll have no choice. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,383 Views)

If I read your #3 correctly, all you need to do is rerun the driver install and select LabVIEW 2018 support.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,380 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

If I read your #3 correctly, all you need to do is rerun the driver install and select LabVIEW 2018 support.

And the installation should go really quick since it will really only install the LabVIEW 2018 support (everything else is already there).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,376 Views)

Except there are no options to re-install.  When I run the xnet installer again, I just get a message saying "No actions to perform", and no other options other than closing the installer. 

SO, I'm removing the x-net and crio drivers.  I will re-install just those and see what happens. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,371 Views)

While I'm waiting for it to install, is there any way to queue installations with NIPM? 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,344 Views)

So, I re-installed the three missing modules, and made sure LV 2018 support was in the installation options.  It's still missing when I try to open the VI. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,280 Views)